For international flights we recommend you arrive at least three hours before the flight departure time.
When you arrive at the airport:
1. Find the correct check in desk by referring to the signage above the desks
2. Have your boarding passes and passports ready
3. After check in you can continue to security screening
Our top travel prep tips:
- Check with your airline in advance and check in online if you can to save queues at the airport.
- Allow plenty of time – we recommend arriving at the airport 3 hours before an international flight.
- Plan your journey to and from the airport and allow plenty of time for unexpected delays.
- Pack carefully, following the security information.
- Check luggage allowances and security information for hand luggage and hold luggage, to avoid delays and repacking at check in.
- Make sure luggage is labelled with name and contact details.
- Check electronic devices are charged before travelling – if your device doesn’t switch on when requested, you won’t be allowed to bring it onto the aircraft.
- Remember that check-in is the last point in which you can put any items into your hold luggage.
- For advice on travel warnings, visas and consular services, visit the UK Government Foreign Office website.