Glasgow Prestwick Airport facilities enable the airport to handle aircraft of all sizes and large scale and specialist cargo.
Glasgow Prestwick Airport’s airfield operates 24 hours a day and has no curfews, noise restrictions or slot constraints.
We offer access to two major runways 2,986M (12/30) and 1,905M (03/21) – one of which is the longest commercial runway north of Manchester Airport.
- Category 1 instrument runway 12/30 with centre line lighting and visual runway 03/21.
- NDB / DME – ILS / DME approaches available.
- 24 hour RFFS Category 7 (upgrades to 8/9 available at short notice)
- Ample areas available for aircraft parking
Glasgow Prestwick Airport has its own cargo handling terminal situated within a modern, purpose built cargo area adjacent to the main passenger terminal.
With one dedicated export warehouse and two dedicated import warehouses, ample parking for articulated vehicles, a highly trained team of cargo handlers and the latest screening technology we are ready to serve your needs.
The Bond office hours are 07:00 to 17:00 daily and the warehouse operating hours are 06:00 to 22:00 daily.
Access out with these hours can be arranged with advanced notice and is dependent upon wider operations and availability. Out of hours charges will apply.
The airport has invested heavily in brand new custom-built equipment putting it at the forefront of the UK freight handling business.
- Dual-view Rapiscan 638dv x-ray – 180cm x 170cm
- ETD screening capability
- 2 x 30t & 1 x 20t main deck loaders
- 1 x 7t lower deck loader
- 3 x 2.5t,1 x 3t, 2 x 4.5t, 1 x 7.5t, 1 x 12t & 1 x 18t fork lift trucks
- 13 x electric & 1 x diesel tugs
- 40 x 10’ dollies & 12 x 20’ dollies
- Crane hire can be arranged if required (external supplier).