We are now accepting application forms for summer 2024
Our seasonal (fixed term) recruitment process for next summer commences in January, with vacancies anticipated to be filled by March – full training is provided. If you are interested in applying, please submit a completed application form – we will *retain your details and if you are shortlisted for interview, we will contact you at the relevant time.
Fixed term positions
Ground Security Operatives
Our Ground Security Operatives are responsible for keeping our airport safe and secure, and protecting our passengers, freight and aircraft.
Our Baggage Handlers are responsible for providing a safe and efficient ground handling service to our customers and airlines, including the loading and unloading of passenger and freight aircraft.
Aviation Service Agents
Our Aviation Service Agents provide a professional, efficient, safe and secure handling service to all customers, including VIPs, passengers, military and cargo.
Passenger Service Agents
Our Passenger Service Agents ensure a seamless journey by providing support to our customers from kerbside to airside. They also provide assistance to our passengers with reduced mobility throughout the airport.
Please note that to work at Glasgow Prestwick Airport you are required to:
- Comply with UK Right to Work checks and provide associated relevant documentation at interview.
- Confirm your identity by providing a copy of your passport or driving licence.
- Provide GPA with a complete five-year referencing history inclusive of all employment, self-employment, and education. Any gap period of 28 days or more must be covered by a personal reference to which you must also provide contact details.
- Upon request, provide a Criminal Record Check Certificate (Basic Disclosure) from Disclosure Scotland. This must not display any disqualifying convictions as detailed on the Civil Aviation Authority website.
- Where applicable, undertake a Counter Terrorist Check (CTC) and understand that deployment to any security related activities is conditional upon the satisfactory result of such a check.
If you are interested in applying, please complete the following:
- A company Application for Employment form. Please note: we do not accept CVs.
- Read our Equal Opportunities Policy and complete an Equal Opportunities Form
Owned by the Scottish Government, the airport directly employs more than 250 people and supports over 4,000 jobs across the aerospace cluster. It is situated about 30 miles South West of Glasgow, on the beautiful coastline of South Ayrshire and is in the heart of Scotland’s aerospace industry – offering a diverse range of in-house aviation services providing vital connections to the rest of the world.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and are committed to applying equal opportunities at all stages of our recruitment and selection process. Reasonable adjustments will be made to our recruitment process to ensure that no applicant is disadvantaged.
The aviation industry offers excellent career opportunities and we are looking forward to welcoming you to Glasgow Prestwick Airport.
*Your details will be retained in our files for nine months.