Glasgow Prestwick Airport (GPA) has an exciting opportunity for a Property & Estate Planning Manager with excellent communication and proven project management and organisational skills to join our dedicated commercial team. This is a brand-new role to support our growth journey, reporting directly to the Commercial Director.
The ideal candidate will have a relevant degree or professional qualification and a proven track record of delivering property development programmes. The role requires an individual who is highly motivated, possesses strong commercial acumen and has excellent communication skills. The role is office based, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Salary dependent on experience.
Owned by the Scottish Government, Glasgow Prestwick Airport directly employs more than 250 people and supports over 4,000 jobs across the aerospace cluster. Situated in the heart of Scotland’s aerospace industry we offer a diverse range of in-house aviation services providing vital connections to the rest of the world.
As a Property & Estate Planning Manager, you will lead the development and delivery of the Airport’s land and asset development strategy to support delivery of the company strategy. You will also line-manage the Property Manager, having oversight of tenant property yield performance and compliance.
- Lead the airport master planning process
- Internal and external stakeholder engagement
- Management of 3rd parties supporting the process
- Undertake feasibility studies for potential development projects
- Develop business cases to support development projects
- Lead all asset development projects to the point of tendering.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key public and private sector contacts.
- Lead surplus asset disposal process.
- Line manage Commercial Property Manager with oversight of:
- Maximising yield performance of tenant assets
- Identifying and evaluating opportunities to create new tenant assets
- Set objectives and priorities and monitor performance of Property Manager
- Policy, procedure, and processes development
- Key tenant relationships
- Monthly KPI reporting
A degree or equivalent qualification and a proven track record of delivering property development programmes.
- Experience in similar roles leading masterplan development and delivery.
- Thorough understanding of property contracts.
- Experience of leading feasibility studies and developing business cases.
Abilities, Skills & Knowledge:
- Proven project management skills.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to manage senior stakeholder relationships, both internal and external.
- Self-motivated, resilient, diligent, ambitious, creative, and problem-solving skills.
- Show initiative and possess a “can do” attitude with a “problem identification – solution proposal” approach.
- Team player, with the ability to challenge constructively.
- Possess strong commercial acumen to achieve business results.
- Good understanding of Microsoft office suite – outlook, excel and word.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with well-developed interpersonal skills.
In addition you will:
- Develop within a fast-paced aviation environment.
- Be part of a dedicated, and supportive team.
- Be auto enrolled into our pension scheme (enhanced upon request).
- Have access to our health cash plan and other benefits.
Please note that to work at GPA you are required to:
- Comply with UK Right to Work checks and provide associated relevant documentation at interview.
- Confirm your identity by providing a copy of your passport or driving licence.
- Provide GPA with a complete five-year referencing history inclusive of all employment, self-employment, and education. Any gap period of 28 days or more must be covered by a personal reference to which you must also provide contact details.
- Upon request, provide a Criminal Record Check Certificate (Basic Disclosure) from Disclosure Scotland. This must not display any disqualifying convictions as detailed on the Civil Aviation Authority website.
- Where applicable, undertake a Counter Terrorist Check (CTC) and understand that deployment to any security related activities is conditional upon the satisfactory result of such a check.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and are committed to applying equal opportunities at all stages of our recruitment and selection process. Reasonable adjustments will be made to our recruitment process to ensure that no applicant is disadvantaged.
If you are interested in applying, please complete the following: