Glasgow Prestwick Airport (GPA) has exciting fixed-term opportunities for Passenger Service Agents to join their team for the busy summer season. The roles available range from a minimum of 20 hours per week to a maximum of 40.
Due to working time regulations and shift patterns, you must be 18 or over to apply for this vacancy. Shift start / finish times may be out with public transport hours and therefore own means of transportation is essential (unless living within walking or cycling distance of GPA). If successful in your application, you must be available for two initial weeks of paid training, Monday to Sunday, 40 hours per week for all roles.
Owned by the Scottish Government, GPA directly employs more than 250 people and supports over 4,000 jobs across the aerospace cluster. Situated in the heart of Scotland’s aerospace industry we offer a diverse range of in-house aviation services providing vital connections to the rest of the world.
This role involves carrying out check-in & boarding for our airline customers as well as providing assistance to passengers with reduced mobility. Previous customer service experience would be advantageous, however, full company funded training will be provided. Basic computer literacy is essential.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To deliver excellent customer service.
- To ensure assistance passengers are handled in accordance with CAA and airport standards.
- To be fully competent on manual/automated check-in & boarding (following training).
- To maintain wheelchair and trolley stock levels.
- To ensure compliance with Department for Transport / Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) regulations.
- To ensure compliance with all company and departmental policies and procedures.
- To be fully compliant with all customer airline policies and procedures.
- To complete and update the passenger assistance logs and file all related documents.
- To report any accidents or incidents.
- To comply with UK Border Force Immigration requirements.
- To ensure knowledge and understanding of all appropriate safety responsibilities as detailed in GPA’s Aerodrome Manual.
- To ensure you operate in a safe environment and demonstrate a clear understanding of Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Key requirements, skills and attributes:
- Aged 18+
- Full Driving Licence (unless local to airport).
- Ability to work a variable shift pattern, ranging from 0330am starts to 0100am finishes.
- Positive and flexible approach to work, with willingness to be deployed to priority work.
- Professional, with good people skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good team player, as well as being able to work on own initiative.
Additional information on employee benefits and requirements can be found here.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and are committed to applying equal opportunities at all stages of our recruitment and selection process. Reasonable adjustments will be made to our recruitment process to ensure that no applicant is disadvantaged.
Hourly rate will be reviewed April 2024.