Glasgow Prestwick Airport (GPA) has an exciting opportunity for a Communications & Marketing Manager to join our team. This is a brand-new role to support our growth journey, reporting directly to the Commercial Director.
The ideal candidate will have a Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) accreditation or equivalent professional qualification and have a proven track record in the communication and marketing field. The role requires a driven individual who is experienced in maintaining stakeholder relationships and producing engaging content for various platforms. The role is office based, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Salary dependent on experience.
Owned by the Scottish Government, Glasgow Prestwick Airport directly employs more than 250 people and supports over 4,000 jobs across the aerospace cluster. Situated in the heart of Scotland’s aerospace industry we offer a diverse range of in-house aviation services providing vital connections to the rest of the world.
As a Communications and Marketing Manager, you will manage GPA’s internal and external communications and the delivery of a coordinated and consistent set of corporate messages. You will also be responsible for developing and managing GPA’s marketing strategy and branding.
- To develop and deliver a structured, engaging media relations and public relations programme to support the key commercial goals of the business and to build the reputation of GPA.
- To liaise with the executive team and external media advisor as required on all news management issues, coordinating the development of responses to media enquiries in line with key brand messages and ensuring their prompt delivery.
- Develop engaging sales and business development collateral.
- To develop an engaging marketing, events, and social media programme to build advocacy for GPA among the general public whilst supporting the key commercial objectives of the business.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining company website content.
- Ensure the airport customer experience is in line with GPA branding vision and company values.
- To develop and deliver a comprehensive government relations programme to build advocacy amongst local MPs, MSPs and councillors.
- To develop and deliver a wider communications programme for all MSPs and MPs and Councillors from neighbouring areas as appropriate to educate and inform them of developments at GPA.
- Work with the HR team to support the development and delivery of progressive, inspirational and advocacy-building induction, internal communications, and staff events programmes.
- Support the messaging for all customer relations activities to ensure consistency with GPA’s brand messaging.
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) accreditation or equivalent.
- A proven track record in the communication and marketing field. Airport experience is not essential.
- Experience developing and implementing internal and external communication strategies.
- Experience of producing press releases and other communications.
- Thorough understanding of social media, and experience in producing content for social media platforms.
- Experience of developing and maintaining large stakeholder networks, both internal and external.
- Experience of developing engaging sales materials to support business development.
Abilities, Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to liaise with all levels of stakeholders, both internal and external.
- High degree of competency in IT, use of social media, web content and document/media publication.
- Proven project management and organisational skills.
- Pro-active; positive; enthusiastic
- Self Confidence
- Ability to drive change in the organisation
In addition you will:
- Considerably learn and develop within a fast-paced aviation environment.
- Be part of a dedicated, and supportive team.
- Be auto enrolled into our pension scheme (enhanced upon request).
- Have access to our health cash plan and other benefits.
Please note that to work at GPA you are required to:
- Comply with UK Right to Work checks and provide associated relevant documentation at interview.
- Confirm your identity by providing a copy of your passport or driving licence.
- Provide GPA with a complete five-year referencing history inclusive of all employment, self-employment, and education. Any gap period of 28 days or more must be covered by a personal reference to which you must also provide contact details.
- Upon request, provide a Criminal Record Check Certificate (Basic Disclosure) from Disclosure Scotland. This must not display any disqualifying convictions as detailed on the Civil Aviation Authority website.
- Where applicable, undertake a Counter Terrorist Check (CTC) and understand that deployment to any security related activities is conditional upon the satisfactory result of such a check.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and are committed to applying equal opportunities at all stages of our recruitment and selection process. Reasonable adjustments will be made to our recruitment process to ensure that no applicant is disadvantaged.
If you are interested in applying, please complete the following: