Glasgow Prestwick Airport (GPA) has an exciting opportunity for a Cleaning Supervisor to join our small, dedicated team. This is a full-time permanent position, 40 hours per week, Monday to Sunday, on a rotational shift basis i.e. including weekend and evening working.
Owned by the Scottish Government, Glasgow Prestwick Airport directly employs more than 250 people and supports over 4,000 jobs across the aerospace cluster. Situated in the heart of Scotland’s aerospace industry we offer a diverse range of in-house aviation services providing vital connections to the rest of the world.
- To manage and organise the Cleaning Team through leadership and coordination, ensuring the day-to-day operation is appropriately supervised, resourced, and trained to comply with all regulatory, company and departmental policies and procedures.
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
- Carry out departmental administrative duties (e.g., Timesheet processing, roster issuing, annual leave etc).
- Demonstrate full working knowledge of all cleaning equipment and materials whilst ensuring that departmental equipment is maintained.
- Ensure cleaning standards are met by carrying out audits.
- Monitor stock levels and re-order accordingly, whilst understanding budget impact.
- Ensuring a cost-effective operation is in place and minimising overtime and time in lieu.
- Communicate and coordinate with operational departments, such as landside Operations, Security, Ground Handling, Aviation Services, Airport Fire Service and Motor Transport to ensure a safe and efficient operation.
- Organise resources in a safe, compliant, and efficient manner to ensure that:
- A safe operation always remains the top priority.
- Any risk to staff and customers is reduced to a level as low as is reasonably practicable.
- Drive the implementation of a positive safety culture within the operation following the company safety policy and develop the Safety Management System.
- Maintain relationships with external customers and ensure high levels of customer service are maintained.
- To recognise areas for improvement within the department. Amend departmental training courses and training manuals in line with operating standards. Scheduling delivery of necessary training and competency based assessments through delegation to an appropriately skilled trainer. You will also deliver some training through a Train the Trainer qualification.
- Maintain departmental instructions and procedures by GPA requirements and all applicable standards.
- To communicate departmental procedures and read & sign memos to staff.
- Ensure that safety-related processes and mechanisms such as COSHH, Risk Assessments and Impact Assessments are carried out in line with relevant policies.
- Carry out incident/accident investigations where necessary and provide conclusions and recommendations.
- To carry out Personal Development Reviews (PDRs) for the Cleaning Team.
- To ensure maximum efficiencies within the operation, flexibility is essential.
- You will be required to assist in any area of the cleaning team by multi-skilling to meet the needs of the business.
- Be familiar with the relevant airport and industry documentation and provide support and guidance in emergency situations.
- Attend safety-related committees and associated meetings.
- Coordinate all aspects of the recruitment process.
Salary will be dependent on current skills, knowledge and experience and in addition you will benefit from:
- Free onsite parking.
- Being auto enrolled into a pension scheme (after 3 months) – enhanced upon request.
- Access to our health cash plan (after 6 months).
- Staff discounts in partnership with Dufry World Duty Free.
- Bike2Work scheme (after 6 months).
- Learning and developing within a fast-paced aviation environment.
- Being part of a dedicated and friendly team.
To work at GPA you are required to:
- Comply with UK Right to Work checks and provide associated relevant documentation at interview.
- Confirm your identity by providing a copy of your passport or driving licence.
- Provide GPA with a complete five-year referencing history inclusive of all employment, self-employment, and education. Any gap period of 28 days or more must be covered by a personal reference to which you must also provide contact details.
- Upon request, provide a Criminal Record Check Certificate (Basic Disclosure) from Disclosure Scotland. This must not display any disqualifying convictions as detailed on the Civil Aviation Authority website.
- Where applicable, undertake a Counter Terrorist Check (CTC) and understand that deployment to any security related activities is conditional upon the satisfactory result of such a check.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and are committed to applying equal opportunities at all stages of our recruitment and selection process. Reasonable adjustments will be made to our recruitment process to ensure that no applicant is disadvantaged.
For further information please see the Job Description: Cleaning Supervisor JD
If you are interested in applying, please complete the following: