Glasgow Prestwick Airport (GPA) has an exciting new opportunity for a Projects Technician to join our dedicated Facilities and Projects team.
This position would be suited to someone with previous experience working with AutoCAD, preferably in a property and facilities environment. With the ability to use own initiative, be pro-active and provide support to the wider projects team.
The role reports directly to the Facilities & Projects Manager, and is 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Owned by the Scottish Government, Glasgow Prestwick Airport directly employs circa 300 people and supports over 4,000 jobs across the aerospace cluster. Situated in the heart of Scotland’s aerospace industry we offer a diverse range of in-house aviation services providing vital connections to the rest of the world.
To provide information and support to Project Managers, Facilities team and other stakeholders within the business in relation to fabric, systems, and infrastructure upgrades in the facility. To provide expertise on all aspects of CAD drawings and documentation, dealing with all matters in relation to building alterations and land use changes. To operate Avi PLAN software to support airport onsite planning. (Training will be provided). To update and maintain all drawings for the airport facility, forming drawings registers and drawing library.
- File and manage all drawings within the GPA drawing register and safeguard all drawings by preparing and issuing non-disclosure agreements to external parties.
- Look after the aerodrome survey and use this for a basis for most of the airfield maps. Prepare and print large scale drawings accordingly.
- Work closely with all departments within the airport to prepare airfield parking plans, ATC OLS and ILS safeguarding drawings and fire detection drawings (using AutoCAD)
- Carry out site surveys and prepare floor plans when required.
- Use of Avi PLAN software to create aircraft simulations, aircraft parking plans and movements within the airfield. (Training will be provided).
- Prepare drawing packages for building warrants when required as part of a build project.
- Work with Property Department for both terminal and Aerodrome Master planning.
- Support the management of the asbestos management plan and keep the asbestos drawings up to date as per removals and findings with support from Project Mangers.
- Prepare large scale drawing packages for air shows and events.
- To prepare as fitted/built drawings following works on site.
- Finalisation of projects including completion certificates for Building Control.
- Any other duties as determined by management consistent with the level and nature of the job.
Key skills, attributes, qualifications, and experience:
- Ideally you will have a CAD qualification such as Diploma or Certificate (HND or HNC) in Drafting, Engineering Design or a Construction related course is preferred.
- 5+ years’ related work experience.
- Previous experience of producing design drawings and as built drawings.
- Asbestos awareness.
- Microsoft Word and Excel competent.
- Ability to liaise with all levels of stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload.
- Ability to make decisions and work with limited supervision.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good planning skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Self-motivated, with a “can do” attitude.
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities based on departmental and business needs.
- Maintain professionalism and integrity.
- An enthusiastic and resilient individual with ability to use own initiative.
Salary will be dependent on current skills, knowledge and experience and in addition you will benefit from:
- Free onsite parking.
- Being auto enrolled into a pension scheme (after 3 months) – enhanced upon request.
- Access to our health cash plan (after 6 months).
- Staff discounts in partnership with Dufry World Duty Free.
- Bike2Work scheme (after 6 months).
- Learning and developing within a fast-paced aviation environment.
- Being part of a dedicated and friendly team.
To work at GPA you are required to:
- Comply with UK Right to Work checks and provide associated relevant documentation at interview.
- Confirm your identity by providing a copy of your passport or driving licence.
- Provide GPA with a complete five-year referencing history inclusive of all employment, self-employment, and education. Any gap period of 28 days or more must be covered by a personal reference to which you must also provide contact details.
- Upon request, provide a Criminal Record Check Certificate (Basic Disclosure) from Disclosure Scotland. This must not display any disqualifying convictions as detailed on the Civil Aviation Authority website.
- Where applicable, undertake a Counter Terrorist Check (CTC) and understand that deployment to any security related activities is conditional upon the satisfactory result of such a check.
We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and are committed to applying equal opportunities at all stages of our recruitment and selection process. Reasonable adjustments will be made to our recruitment process to ensure that no applicant is disadvantaged.
- A completed Company Application for Employment form
- Read our Equal Opportunities Policy and complete an Equal Opportunities Form
Closing date: 1st October 2023