This information was last updated and reviewed on 18 January 2022.
To ensure the safety and welfare of our passengers and colleagues, we have introduced measures to help minimise the risk of spreading Coronavirus (Covid-19) all whilst continuing to provide our customer friendly and excellent service.
Customers are reminded that you should not travel to the airport if you have or begin to experience Coronavirus symptoms, have recently tested positive and are currently self-isolating or have been advised to self-isolate by Track and Trace. Government guidance should be followed.
Countries have their own individual entry requirements that visitors must abide by to get into that country. These can include – but are not limited to – visitors are required to be fully vaccinated, proof of a negative Covid-19 test, completion of passenger locator forms, Digital Covid Certificate, plus others. We recommend that you make yourself aware of these requirements before travelling to the airport. More details can be found by visiting UK Government’s Website or Ryanair’s website.
Requirements for passengers returning to or visiting Scotland vary depending on your vaccination status and age. For the most up to date information please visit the Scottish Government’s website. More information can also be found in the ‘Returning to/ Visiting Scotland’ tab below. Please note: we do not have a Covid-19 Day 2 testing facility on-site at the airport, we recommend your visit the UK Government’s provider list for more details.
We would like to recommend that passengers read the safer air travel guidance for passengers, follow Government Guidance and travel advice including country entry requirements from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office and Scottish Government.
Visit Ryanair’s website for further information about measures they have put in place.
Thank you for keeping us safe.
Passenger Journey Safety Measures
Arriving by car
Passengers are advised to use their private vehicle where possible and we recommend that car parking is pre-booked. This will allow a contactless entry to all our car parks using automatic number plate recognition.
All car park touch points, including the barrier system and payment machines, are sanitised regularly for your safety.
To pre-book parking please visit our car parking booking site for the best price.
To ensure we are complying with social distancing measures only members of the public travelling should enter the terminal building. Anyone dropping off or picking up passengers should use the appropriate area and not enter the terminal building unless providing assistance.
Payment for pick up and drop off can be made at the payment machine in Car Park 1 or at the exit barrier. Touch points are regularly sanitised to protect you.
Please note: we are now cashless, please pay for any parking or pick up and drop off charges with card.
If you are travelling to the airport by other means, we advise that you follow travel safely guidance.
The airport's railway station/touch points will be regularly sanitised to protect everyone using this service. A sanitising stations are available at the railway station for you to use.
For further information and timetables for rail and bus transport please visit;
No one should enter the terminal building if they are feeling unwell with symptoms of Coronavirus (Covid-19), have had a positive PCR or LFT and are in isolation or have been advice to self-isolate by Track and Trace. Please see important information above.
In line with Scottish Government guidance we recommend that you test regularly using a LFT to help reduce the spread of Covid-19.
Only passengers and staff members will be permitted to enter the terminal building. No other visitors should enter unless there is a specific reason that has been discussed and cleared with the airport team beforehand.
When entering the terminal building everyone should wear a face mask (mandatory), sanitise their hands at a sanitising station and respect physical distancing where possible.
All airport trolleys are sanitised regularly.
When in the terminal building, everyone should respect physical distancing measures.
We advise passengers to check-in online before travelling to the airport and have boarding passes available on a mobile phone or printed.
Passengers who have luggage to check in should wait in the queue at check in desks. Our check-in desks will have a perspex screens and agents will be wearing appropriate PPE to protect you and themselves. Those who have checked in online and don't have luggage to check in should make their way to departures.
Our information desk has a perspex screen in place for your protection and our agents will be available to assist wearing appropriate PPE.
Check-in and information desk cleaning procedures have been enhanced to ensure regular sanitising of these high traffic areas and hard surfaces.
All passengers should follow guidance given to them by airport personnel.
Passengers who require assistance when travelling through the airport will still receive this service.
Further information can be found by visiting the Special Assistance webpages.
We ask passengers to compete an enquiry form as soon as possible to allow us to plan your support ahead of you travelling.
Any assistance equipment used will be sanitised after each use and our team will be wearing relevant PPE to protect you and themselves.
Security is a top priority at Glasgow Prestwick Airport and all passengers will be screened before boarding.
Everyone going through security will be asked to sanitise their hands before and after the security process at sanitising stations provided for you to use. Please respect physical distancing measures in this area.
Everyone should be prepared when going through security;
- Liquids, aerosols, gels and lighters must be under 100mls and should be in a clear re-sealable plastic bag of no more than 20 x 20cm. These are limited to one per person and must be out of luggage for screening.
- Hand sanitiser is permitted to be carried in hand luggage. This must be under 100mls and should be placed in a clear re-sealable bag.
- Electrical equipment including laptop computers and other large electrical items must be removed from bags at the passenger security screening point and screened separately.
- To pass through the metal detector or body scanner - boots, belts, items in pockets, scarves, large jewellery items, watches and coats/jackets should be removed before going through.
Items and any person going through security are still subject to being searched by security personal. Our team will be wearing appropriate PPE to protect you and themselves whilst conducting these searches.
Cleaning and hygiene measures
Security trays are regularly sanitised for your protection.
Face masks must remain worn through this process, please be prepared to remove these if asked by a team member for identification purposes.
Enhanced cleaning procedures have been put in place to ensure regular sanitising of this high traffic area and hard surfaces.
Passengers are reminded to respect physical distancing from others.
Seating within our departure lounge has been re-arranged to ensure physical distancing is possible, we ask that all passengers keep their movement within this area to a minimum.
Sanitising stations and/or hand washing facilities are available in the departure lounge and boarding gates for you to use.
Enhanced cleaning procedures have been put in place to ensure regular sanitising of these high traffic areas and hard surfaces.
Perspex screens have been put in place to protect you and our team members.
Passengers will be required to scan their own boarding pass to minimise contact between passengers and team members. Please ensure you have your boarding card ready along with your passport open at the photo page.
Our team members will be on hand to support.
Nuance - Tax and Duty Free Shop
Nuance is open for all departing flights and have their own hygiene measures in place, please follow their guidance when in the shop. Please note: the store are only accepting card payments and are unable to accept cash.
Par + Eagle Bar and Kitchen
Par + Eagle is open and are serving a limited menu plus hot, cold and alcoholic beverages. The restaurant has appropriate hygiene measures in place and in line with government guidance are providing table service - please follow the protective measures when using this facility. Please note: the restaurant is accepting both card and cash payments.
WHSmith - Landside and Airside
WHSmith operate both an airside and Landside shop with these open for departing and most arriving flights. The shops have their own hygiene measures in place and we ask that you follow this. Please note: the shop is currently accepting cash and card payments.
We have put vending machines in key areas before and after security to allow passengers to purchase refreshments these include - hot & cold drinks and snacks. PPE vending machines are also available for you to purchase any items you require. These machines accept both cash and card payments. All of these machines will be sanitised regularly to protect you.
We ask that where possible passengers pay using contactless payment methods.
Arriving into Scotland
Entry requirements may differ depending on your vaccination status. For the most up to date advice we advise you visit the Scottish Government website as this can change regularly depending on the Covid-19 situation.
If you are fully vaccinated
- Have proof that you are fully vaccinated - This can be from the NHS Scotland Vaccine Status App, a paper copy or if you have been vaccinated out with Scotland please use appropriate documentation. Children under 18 do not need to show proof even if they have been vaccinated or not. Fully vaccinated is having two does or more of one of the approved vaccine plus 14 days after your second vaccination.
- Book a Covid-19 day 2 test - Everyone aged 11 or over is required to take a day 2 PCR or lateral flow test after arriving in Scotland. You need to take your day 2 PCR or lateral flow test on or before day 2. The day you arrive in Scotland is day 0. Please note: we do not have a day two testing site at Glasgow Prestwick Airport - for more information on provider please visit the UK Governments website. If you test positive please follow current self-isolating advice.
- Complete a Passenger locator Form - Visit the UK Government's website to complete your details. You will need your Covid-19 day 2 test booking reference, your flight details and the address you are staying at in Scotland. Each adult must complete this form with children being included on an adult's form.
If you are NOT fully vaccinated
- Take a Covid-19 test before travelling to Scotland - the test can be either a PCR or LFT and should meet the requirements advised by the Scottish Government, more information can be found on their website.
- Complete a Passenger locator Form - Visit the UK Government's website to complete your details.
- Book a Covid-19 day 2 and day 8 PCR test - Please note: we do not have a day two or day eight testing site at Glasgow Prestwick Airport - for more information on provider please visit the UK Governments website. If you test positive please follow current self-isolating advice.
- Self-Isolate at home or the place you are staying for 10 days
There are some exemptions to the above rules with the information available on the Scottish Government website.
Passengers are reminded of all safety measures put in place whilst in the terminal - face masks must be worn unless exempt, we recommend your regularly clean or sanitise your hands and please respect physical distancing from others.
Please be prepared to remove your face covering if asked by a staff member for identification purposes.
Passengers should collect luggage and leave the airport as soon as possible.
A cleaning station has been set up for anyone needing to use an airport trolley with these being regularly sanitised for your protection.
No other visitors should enter the airport unless there is a specific reason that has been discussed and cleared with the airport team beforehand.
We understand this is all new information, but if there is anything that you would like more clarity on or would like to speak with a member of our team please complete the form below.
We aim to respond to enquiries within 72 hours.