Glasgow Prestwick Airport is looking for an environmental management intern. The intern would work as part of the Health, Safety and Environment team reporting to the Health, Safety and Environment Manager based at Glasgow Prestwick Airport.
It is an excellent opportunity to build a portfolio across environmental management and energy saving initiatives. This internship will provide assistance and support to a small team in relation to environmental management issues and improvement initiatives.
- Length of internship – 6/9 months
- Potential Start date – Sept/Oct
- Hours per week – flexible could be full or part time, likely to be office hours Monday to Friday.
- Rate of pay – £7.20 per hour
Responsibilities may include:
- Assistance with the development of Environmental policies and Environmental Strategy Plans including emissions management, waste management and sustainability.
- Co-ordinate and assistance with aspects of the Carbon Reduction Commitment Energy Efficiency Scheme.
- Research and development of an Environmental Management System.
- Co-ordination of the monitoring, tracking and reporting of environmental incidents to regulatory bodies and ensure compliance with legislation.
- Work in partnership with other airport departments in implementing energy saving initiatives.
- Relevant degree subjects could include: environmental and earth sciences, environmental engineering, environmental management and geography;
- Successful applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment medical (including Drugs and Alcohol Test) and Disclosure Scotland;
- Provide valid forms of ID/ right to work in the UK and a full 5-year history.
- Business skills and commercial awareness
- Communication and presentation skill
- IT skills, such as word processing and the use of spreadsheets
- Organisation and time management skills
- Driving license desirable.
If you are interested in applying please either provide by post or email to email@example.com by closing date of 31st August 2016: