Situated on the beautiful coastline of Ayrshire, Glasgow Prestwick Airport is a 24 hours 7 days a week operational Airport. Owned by the Scottish Government since 2013.
We are looking for an experienced multi-skilled Facilities Electrician to assist within the Facilities and Airport Engineering Department.
- You must hold a relevant City and Guilds Electrical qualification to 17th Edition and have a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience- preferably in a maintenance environment.
- Possess a good knowledge and previous experience working with both single and three phase electrical installations, and have the ability to read and understand wiring diagrams and trace faults.
- Knowledge of building management and other control systems.
- Experience of working well both independently and as part of a small team.
- Flexibility in working patterns and being able to honour a 30 minute response from home to site out of hours during your on-call period.
- Must be comfortable with working at height.
- Computer literate.
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- A motivated and enthusiastic approach
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good decision making and planning skills
For further information please see job description: Facilities Electrician – Job Description Dec 2017
A full UK driver’s licence and the ability to pass a Pre-employment Health Assessment including a Drugs & Alcohol Test in order to obtain an airport airfield driving permit is essential.
Closing Date: Friday, 5th January 2018
All applicants need to be able to provide photographic proof of identity if selected for interview.