Please note that the restroom refurbishments have started on the mezzanine level of the terminal building.
These family friendly amenities will also see an increase in disabled access, allowing more comfort for all passengers.
The works will include:
- increasing the size of both the male and female toilets
- added ambulant cubicles to help passengers who need extra support
- a new unisex family area that will include changing facilities and a seating area for feeding
- automatic, touch free facilities to improve cleanliness and sanitation
- an increase on facilities for disabled passengers
- a new vanity area with a full-length mirror
Jules Matteoni, Glasgow Prestwick Airport Operations Director said;
“There is no denying the fact that the ladies’ and gents’ toilets on the first floor of the terminal building were outdated and in desperate need of repair. These improvements will greatly update our facilities that we offer.
“We are excited to be introducing our new Family area, allowing both male and female parents or guardians attend to their children’s needs.
“Fresh attractive restrooms will provide a more comfortable experience for our passengers.”
Works on these facilities will take around 8 weeks with the new restrooms opening mid-April 2017.