At the end of 2016, the charity and fundraising committee decided to do things a little differently and instead of supporting different charities throughout the year, they asked for employees who regularly donate through their salary to select one charity for the year to support.
The charity that was chosen by employees was Cash for Kids.
Cash for Kids is a charity that supports children within Ayrshire aged between 0-18 who are disabled, disadvantaged or suffering from abuse or neglect. All money raised and donated stays right here to support the children of Ayrshire.
The Charity and Fundraising committee of Glasgow Prestwick Airport, are now pleased to confirm that we have successfully donated £5500 and a large amount of Christmas gifts to children who are less fortunate.
The money has been raised through different events over the course of the year including;
- Salary sacrifice – employees can donate a chosen amount each month from their salary.
- Tombola Stall – this event took place at the Scottish International Airport in September, items for the stall was donated by employees and on the day £1310 was raised.
- Bonus ball – Air Traffic and the Business Support corridor took place in a monthly bonus ball where half the profits was donated to the charity and the other half could be won by the successful employee.
- National charity events – Christmas Jumper day.
- Parking from Tax and Duty free sale – with a purchase at the Tax and Duty free sale parking cost visitors £1. This money was donated to Cash for Kids.
Theresa Gallacher, Charity and Fundraising chair of Glasgow Prestwick Airport, said,
“On behalf of the Charity and Fundraising Committee, I would like to say a huge thank you to all the employees who have supported and contributed to this great cause throughout 2017.
“We have also received great support from external companies such as Grants, who donated an amazing amount of items for our Tombola Stall at the Scottish International Airshow.
Without the generosity of you all it would not have been possible to raise so much money, because of your kindness the Children in Ayrshire, that Cash for Kids support, will have something to look forward to this Christmas.”
Lynne Bennett, Charity Manager, Cash for Kids added,
“Christmas is a magical time for families, especially kids, but for many children, Christmas is a luxury that parents are unable to afford.
“This amazing donation we have received today will be put towards our campaign ‘Mission Christmas’. This campaign helps families bring back the Christmas magic.
“On behalf of Cash for Kids, I would like to thank Glasgow Prestwick Airport for their support over the last year.”