We’ve been planning these changes for a number of years but only started the detailed design works at the end of 2016.
Below is an outline timeline:
- 14 June – our consultation opened and we will be looking for your feedback either through our website or a series of public exhibitions.
- 13 September – our consultation closes. Your feedback will be reviewed as part of the process to finalise our technical designs. We’ll publish these findings and how it influenced our designs.
- Autumn 2017 – proposals to be submitted to the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).
- Early 2018 – the CAA reviews our submission over a four-month period and then provides us with a decision.
- Summer 2018 – if our application is successful, we expect any changes to be implemented.